Thursday 29 October 2009

OMG

I've called today's post OMG, because all I've managed to say today is Oh My God. Finally we got the news that Vicki's bone marrow is good, so the treatment is being effective. But then something that was not quite expected. The doctor told us that she could come home for a short while. Today. The doctors had been dangling this carrot over her since the weekend, but it seemed to be dependent on so many factors, that it was hard to see it happening. Even though I desperately wanted this so much, I daren't want it out loud, and my expectation was that if she did come home it would only be for Saturday and Sunday, and that she'd be back on Monday. So when the doctor said that she could go home today, and stay at home until next Wednesday, I pinched myself, I must be dreaming, surely?

So ever since that moment, I've been saying "OMG I'm taking you home later, OMG, you can sleep in your own bed later, OMG, you can leave the hospital today, OMG you're going home, OMG, OMG, OMG.

After all the anguish and pain of the last 5 weeks, finally something to be REALLY positive about. OMG. I still can't quite believe it. I can't remember the last time I felt this happy. I can't remember that last time I was so euphoric even. OMG. See, I just can't stop saying it!

OK, reality check, Vicki still has loads more chemotherapy to come, and we've got a couple of out-patients appointments in the next few days, but she's home, until next Wednesday.

Oh my god, lets all drink to that. As she's going to be home for a while, I'm going to take a break from the blog, at least until she's back as in patient. In the meantime, thank you all for your support, and thank for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic news....enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news mate....now go and be a family again..and enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andy and anonymous person :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Very happy to hear those good news! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete