Tuesday 27 October 2009

The eagle has landed

Today Vicki is going for her second bone marrow sample and lumbar puncture. These procedures are vital in assessing the true effectiveness of the initial burst of chemotherapy, and in turn these will indicate any future treatment plan, and her likely prognosis. Needless to say, until the results are known, Tracey and I are on tenterhooks. It's also a shame that Vicki has to be nil-by-mouth when she's been making so much progress to eat properly.

I've had a little bit of a change from the usual routine today, as my mum was due back from the US of A. Her flight was due in at 6:20 this morning, so I had a really early start to get to Heathrow to pick her up. By all accounts she had a really nice time, although she felt guilty for enjoying herself with her granddaughter being so ill. It's nice to have her back in the UK, as I've been missing her emotional support, especially last week when I was at quite a low.

No comments:

Post a Comment