Saturday 23 July 2011

Time flies by, life goes on

OK, so it's been some time since my last post. Much has happened. The most significant issue was a set of blood tests that yielded some strange results. Initially I didn't know what to make of the results. The hospital were sufficiently worried to call Vicki back for further checks and more tests. Naturally I went into panic mode "Oh my God, here we go again" was the general theme of the moment. To make matters worse, just as I got this news, Vicki had left for a weeks holiday, so she wouldn't be able to attend hospital for another 10 days. 10 days of agony and worrying. However as it happened, these tests turned out to be a false alarm. Vicki's consultant said that the test results turned out to have no clinical value as subsequent tests had been in line with their original expectations. Phew. Still, for a short time it brought back all the feelings and emotions that I went through when Vicki was taken ill. Glad that episode is over.

This scare aside, Vicki's finished her first year at Catering College, holidayed in Turkey and Clacton, acquired a pet snake and is now relaxing enjoying the summer holiday doing what teenagers do best... nothing much! I have set her a task of cleaning up and tidying her room, which seems to be taking an inordinate amount of time. Ah well, you are only young once!

No comments:

Post a Comment