Wednesday 1 December 2010

OMG is it really December?

I've just noticed that it's been a while since I've blogged anything. In the time since my last entry, Vicki has started college, and a part time job. Who would've thought it 12 months ago? As the Christmas season approaches I find it hard not to recall the last Christmas which was, to be frank, hell. The experience of 12 months ago rather took the shine off of the festivities and sadly I can't see this time of year with the childlike excitement that I once did. Even though Vicki is so much better now, Christmas, and everything associated with it just takes me straight back to an altogether darker time in my life. Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to the big day, but perhaps not in the same terms as most of you reading this blog. Last year made me realise how false the whole Christmas thing is, and that's damage that I think will take an awful long time to repair. Last year it was hard with everyone full of seasonal joy while all I wanted to do was cry. Anyone that deviates from the happiness is seen as an Ebenezer, which just served to make me even more miserable last year. This year I've declared my desk at work at Christmas Free Zone, but I'm sure my colleagues will try to permeate my frosty Scrooge-like persona!

No comments:

Post a Comment