Saturday 15 May 2010

One milestone reached, another looms large on the horizon

Vicki had an appointment with the Genetics Nurse yesterday to discuss the implications of the Robertsonian Balanced Translocation that she carries. As my own research had already concluded, there are no implication for Vicki's own health, but for any children that she may have later. As with any other 15 year old, this isn't something that she's overly concerned with now, so we'll revisit this when the time come.

Far more pressing and immediate now is Vicki's GCSE exams which start on Monday. Over the next 5 weeks her short term educational future will lie in her own hands. The target is simply 4 GCSEs to get to college, and as she's taking 7 the percentages are looking good. To think that she's able to achieve any GCSEs is pretty amazing considering that she's spend about 2.5 weeks at school this year. So I take my hat off to her determination and resolve. I know she'll do well, I can feel it in my bones, and from I know of her, whatever the outcome, she'll succeed at whatever she chooses to put her mind to.

Good luck Vicki, I'm sure you will get all 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment