Tuesday 15 December 2009

The morning after

It's the morning immediately after the commencement of the 2 hourly eye drops and as you would imagine, Vicki is out for the count. She's got another 9 days of this to go. So imagine how you would feel if you had just had one night of constantly dusturbed sleep, then multiply that by 10. On top of that of course are doctors and nurses poking and prodding when you're exhausted. Poor thing, as if things aren't bad enough for her.

Vicki also has a raised temperature so the spectre of infection rears its ugly head once more. Cue more drugs, and even more obs. I also noticed the nurses having a problem using one of Vicki's lumens this morning. After our previous nightmare, I hope I'm not reading too much into these two perhaps unconnected facts. Doesn't stop me worrying though.

Otherwise things are quite good, Vicki is quite well in herself other than having a bit of a cold. She ate 2 meals yesterday, which is one more than I managed! Still not round to changing that bulb, I guess that will be a job for tomorrow. Then of course, snow is forecast. Oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment