Wednesday 11 November 2009

Crisis, what crisis

There are times when I wonder what I've done to deserve the life that I have. Perhaps I am a reincarnation of Attila the Hun or Genghis Khan and paying my penance for past misdemeanours.

Vicki's situation has been improving and I was finally starting to relax. Sure life was far from normal, but normal and stable enough for me to see the light at the end of this long dark tunnel. So just when I thought it was safe, Samuel decides to have a crisis. He's refusing to go to school again, and as before, he's shutting down and refusing to communicate with anyone as to why. Given all the hard work that has been put in, this feels like a kick in the gut. He's clearly an attention seeker, but this is so not the way to go about it.

What feels particularly hurtful to me is that I'd promised him a treat. A treat that was to be given on the basis of his attendance at his halfway-house school. I also made it clear that it was not appropriate behaviour to receive this treat, then for him to go back to his old ways. So for him to to do exactly that is more than a little disappointing. I don't know what else can be done for him, it's hard to help those who refuse to accept it, or play any constructive part in resolving their own problems. Samuel is very good at creating the 'tea and sympathy' vibe with those who know him, but I don't think this helps, it's just succeeds in him avoiding whatever the real issues are sadly. But ultimately, I'm lost as to know what to do, even without having to focus on Vicki. You see, he's done it again, I've been rabbiting on about HIM today, when he is not what my blog is about! Typical.

OK, so back to Vicki. Her blood counts are down, so she's going to need a blood transfusion today. Other than this, she's generally OK, just tired, and not eating much. However, she is managing to gain weight, which is a good sign, as this is the first time her weight has gone up since she's been ill. I've also made some progress on the education front, although now the options are bewildering, but it'll be the two schools to sort out the bureaucracy involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment