Tuesday 16 March 2010

It's no joke!

Vicki and I have spent the last 2 days back in the delightful world of Ward 27 at Leicester Royal Infirmary. Vicki has been quite poorly since her lumbar puncture and bone marrow aspiration last week. She was nauseous and wasn't eating or drinking, and had developed a bad headache to go along with her lower back pain.

The pain killers that I'd got from the overnight GP service weren't really helping. So Sunday morning, I took her back to our 'home'. We've been there until this afternoon. Many tests were done, many heads were scratched, but as usual no-one tells us anything! Whilst we were waiting to be told nothing, Vicki and I were watching Celebrity Come Dine With Me. One of this weeks celebs was Tom O'Connor. He told a joke that was incredibly apt.

A man rings the hospital and asks "I'm ringing about the man in Ward 8, how is he?" "He's doing really well, he'll be home soon," comes the reply "who is it calling?", the nurse goes on to ask. "Me? I'm the man in Ward 8, nobody tells me anything!"

No comments:

Post a Comment